[Magdalen] Groceries?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 4 14:48:57 UTC 2016

I read a little blurb yesterday about the completion of the tallest
all-residential high rise in New York City.  It's well over 900'  and
is right next to the now puny Woolworth Building, the latter being
a popular icon and tallest in the world for decades ending in the
1920's.

In fact, an aerial view of the area shows that Woolworth is  surrounded
by a cluster of tall buildings, and that building I suspect is hard to see
from many vantage points in the city.

If you can imagine, there are some 400 high rise buildings rising and
planned for Manhattan.  For comparison, Minneapolis has 4 such
highrises underway.

The thought occurs:  What do the residents of these condos and
apartments do to shop for basic groceries?  Are there  supermarkets
scattered over the Island of Manhattan?  Do they deliver?

I've never seen a supermarket in my wanderings about Manhattan.

David Strang.