[Magdalen] Medical update (& honestly, getting' a little scary).

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri May 6 16:48:40 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/6/2016 11:43:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

A friend  redid his kitchen (at great expense) a few years ago and I was
astonished  to discover that, despite the fact that he had loads of room in
that approx  10' x 20' space, he installed a kitchen range. A range is (IMO)
a  space-saving device, inconvenient, awkward, and  dangerous.
-M>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Funny what can prompt a kitchen redo.  In the mid 1940's  pressure
cookers (made in nearby Eau Claire, Wis by the Presto Co.) were
a new phenomenon.  My mother apparently did not read the  instructions
well, because she was making split pea soup in a pressure cooker when
the thing exploded (no one in the kitchen), leaving a pea-green  residue
throughout the kitchen.

She decided she liked the pea green color, and redid the kitchen with
that color scheme.  It was unchanged in color for more than 50  years
when she died.

David Strang.