[Magdalen] Bathroom question

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:13:04 UTC 2016

I've been trying to figure out why this is such a big deal all of a sudden! Surely transgender people have been using public restrooms without incident all along. Since, as I understand it, all restrooms are equipped with stalls that anyone can use, there has been privacy all along for those who want it.  And unless a person says they're transgender, how would you even know...are they expecting to have someone checking birth certificates at restroom doors?
Why the hysteria?