[Magdalen] Would you prefer the collision coverage or a knee to thegroin?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri May 6 22:49:24 UTC 2016

On 06/05/2016 21:05, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> REALLY SORRY you had to go through the 'grill' at the beginning of
> your travels. May the rest of your trip be smooth... a good and safe
> drive north to Mom and a great mother's day for both of you.
>
> All the rental cars seem to be verging or on full 'hard sell' these
> days. I imagine it is a huge part of their profit.  I have coverage
> between my own car insurance and my biz credit card but I've still
> been nearly intimidated on several occasions where I've been told that
> I have to pay rental every day until any damage is repaired....

That is crazy and opens the door to extortion.  The insurance should
cover them for any loss of use while a car is repaired.  If the hirer is
expected to pay for this loss of use then they are being opened up to an
inlimited potential liability.  In a relatively slack period the rental
company could go slow on the repairer meaning the hirer is compensating
them for a hire that, in reality, would be unlikely.

Roger