[Magdalen] Flowers That Bloom in May.

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:10:02 UTC 2016

Evergreen azaleas do not do well for me.  Years back I established a
number of the deciduous ones, some that I bought, some that I grew
from seed in my back yard.  Some are pure natives, some are the
crosses between the Eastern US natives.  At the time there was too
much sun in that area and I lost some of them.  The trees have grown
up nicely and there is now the right kind of part sun and shade they
prefer.  My soil is still less acid than they like but that can be
amended.  In a year or two I intend to try again to expand the
collection.  I'll probably try again from seed - that means joining
azalea fancier societies and their seed sharing programs.  They are
pretty fussy, easy to germinate but susceptible to fungi and slow
growing so it is a multi-year project.  Something to keep me off the
streets.

Susan

--
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the