[Magdalen] Everett @ the DMV.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:50:45 UTC 2016

Israeli kids typically take a gap year following their army service and
before they start college or go to work (except the ultra-orthodox, of
course, which are critters of a different ilk). They often travel, mostly
backpacking, and many do volunteer work in various countries as well. My
friend Yitzhak's youngest, who is somewhere on the upper end of the
autistic spectrum but seems a great kid, traveled first to Denmark to visit
his older brother and later spent some time backpacking in China(!) which
he apparently enjoyed greatly and came home much matured by the experience.
He is now training as a chef, I believe.