[Magdalen] Everett @ the DMV.

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Wed May 11 01:42:15 UTC 2016

I was on the receiving end of a stream of letters and threats when I failed to register at 18.  I'd been commissioned at 17, and was deployed at a place with no access to Selective Service, but that didn't matter to them.

The next time I was home, I took my military ID card and driver's license do the local Board and dealt with it. It will surprise no one that There's a Form For That.

BTW, the DOD was supposed to notify SSS... I'm sure there was a form for that, too...

Arthur