[Magdalen] Whither Pentecost Sequence.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun May 15 18:26:43 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/15/2016 1:41:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Hail  Thee Festival Day>>>>>>>

I guess there are still the three hymnal texts for this RVW tune for
Easter, Ascension, and Pentecost.  I encountered them for the
first time at the ultra-high church Saint Paul's on-the-Hill, St.  Paul,
MN when I was communicant there in the early 1960's.  They
were a fixture on all three feasts at that Parish which has an
ambulatory, making processions that much more fun.

It makes me sad that St. Paul's on-the-Hill is no more as the place
was shuttered on Easter Sunday this year.

In any case, I can't think of any hymns that are more quintessential
for Anglicans that these three set to the RVW texts.

David Strang.