[Magdalen] Spicy pickles (again, but simpler :-)=

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 29 00:40:10 UTC 2016

Hoot out to Jay!  Try this 'un! I say, with my best typed Andy Griffith voice.

Buy a jar of Nathan's Famous New York Kosher Spears, pour out as much liquid as you want to replace with whatever it is you want to replace it with, and then do said replacement.  I used several spoonfuls of Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce (the Sriracha people), added any water needed to take up any remaining empty space, tightened the lid, gently shook it up, put it in the fridge, and every now and then turn upsidedown, then next day rightsideup, ad infiniwhenever.  I can't say when I did a couple jars this way, but I can say it was a considerable while ago.  And hoo-dawg do they, whenever I try one on occasion, get better each time.

You, Jay, might want to use Korean chili powder instead, and maybe replace all of the liquid with plain water, but however you do it, I think you'd like it.  And yes, it's different than the other pickle project, due to the vinegar.  But good?  Um-mmm!