[Magdalen] Wireless servers

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Sun Nov 6 08:43:45 UTC 2016

I have often said that Radbourne could well have been the model for the
Vicar o Dibley ( except it has never had a woman rector). The squire
died a couple of years before I arrived but he had always been the
chairman of the annual meetings which consisted of Annual civil Parish
Meeting, Annual Parochial Church Meeting and Meeting to plan the Church
Fete. Apparently the three meetings flowed one into another with no
obvious borders between them. This procedure was of questionable
legality - but the squire's word ruled. It was a mostly benign
dictatorship. His widow tried to have power in my time but that day had
passed with her husband. (Although when I was appointed initially as
priest in charge, the bishop said I had better go and see her before I
took office as otherwise she might make problems as Patron of the parish
when the parish setup was revamped legally to make me rector of my 8
parishes.

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name

Rector of Boylestone, Church Broughton,Dalbury, Longford, Long Lane,
Radbourne, Sutton-on-the-Hill and Trusley

Diocese of Derby, England