[Magdalen] Veterans Day (US)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 15:53:13 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/11/2016 9:57:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

Wishing  a good day to all fellow vets, U.S. or otherwise, this day.  I’m
afraid I  don’t know who all of them are or I’d list  them.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The most memorable Veterans' Day for me was driving over from
Frankfurt/M to visit the medieval churches that abound in Northern  France.

It happened to be November 11, 1968, the 50th anniversary of Armistice
Day marking the end of WW-1.  All the buildings were highlighted  with
a light snow that stressed the elaborate tracery, and also the
tricolor bunting on public buildings everywhere

I had visited the famous railroad car at the Carrefour d'Armistice  that
morning with it's history of the signing of the peace documents for
WW-1 and France's capitulation to Hitler during WW-2.

Since Hitler blew up  the original railroad car, there is only the  replica,
but it is still quite moving.

David Strang - Major, US Army Medical Corps, Retired.