[Magdalen] the first monochromatic day

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:38:31 UTC 2016

True...We've got brick, and our acoustics for speech and music are quite good.

http://chicagoweddingpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CHURCH-OF-THE-ASCENSION-WEDDING-PHOTOS-00261.jpg

On Sunday, the choir sang the Kyrie, Sanctus, and Agnus Dei from Louis
Vierne's Messe Solennelle for Two Organs and Choir...a massive,
organ-intensive work written for Notre-Dame in Paris. Much credit goes
to the organist and the choirmaster for making this work in little old
"L'Ascension," but the acoustics didn't hurt either. Powerful and
passionate without ripping our eardrums to bits.

Here's the Kyrie, at Notre-Dame...ours sounded a whole lot like this
but scaled to the far smaller space. It was amazing how true to
Notre-Dame it sounded without actually being as loud or spacious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaVaNw3jito

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA