[Magdalen] Don't know if this is already widely known ...

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 20:52:34 UTC 2016

Cannot blame Europe for feeling frustrated. We elected a buffoon to the
office of the President, then, having learned nothing, we elected Bush.
And even though all agreed at the end that he was a terrible president, we
now have chosen another individual who has no credentials for, nor
understanding of the office.

We have been trying to break the country for such a long time, who can
blame him for saying it's high time we shut down and rebooted with a better
system.

Popular vote elects would be one idea.

We might allow the party out of power to automatically have dominant say in
any redistricting of voting districts to curb gerrymandering.

That the USA is too large to govern effectively might lead us to break the
juggernaut into four or five sovereign states. How to run the military? No
problem. A very loose confederation of these states with Canada and Mexico
and others who wish to be involved, such as the Free State of Puerto Rico
(and way past time for that emancipation too).

People are horrified at the way the USA dominates the world. This fixes
that. In addition, it addresses the fact that actions started by folks in
one region horribly offends folks in other regions. If they are their own
countries, they at least won't be angered that "those people" are making
decisions for the folks who are offended.

Of course, some areas will find out, to their chagrin, how poor they are,
and how VERY much they have been supported by other states such as New
York. (Pat Moynihan was always pointing out how much New York gave out, and
got very little back, and nobody ever responded, of course)

It might now happen, but maybe it should. The speculation that it would not
work has be balanced with the simple fact that what we're doing now sure
ain't workin' either.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford