[Magdalen] Music question

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:03:41 UTC 2016

An erudite friend of mine speaks fluent German, and often counsels the
choirs he is in about the correct pronunciation of the text of stuff we're
singing. He mentioned that he still has his father's doctoral thesis, but
cannot read it. It is in the German script that was in vogue prior to WWII.

I told him that my wife knows how to decode old scripts but I guess he
doesn't want to read it badly. Considering how most of the writers don't
want to even look at their theses after they get their committee to "buy"
them, I cannot say I am surprised.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford