[Magdalen] Two questions for the assembled multitude

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 28 04:17:47 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----

The first time I saw blue was in Scandinavian Shops where I heard that blue was the liturgical color for Advent in the Swedish Church . Then I heard about Sarum Blue

then the Trappists and Spencer Abbey starting making blue vestments. Before that time Blue was a privilege enjoyed by the Claretians who had an indult to wear it for the Immaculate Conception. Then I heard that lots of Roman bishops said it was not allowed.(with the exception of Claretians and others who may have enjoyed a similar indult)

I don't know when it became an official option in Churches of the Anglican Communion but the Church of Sweden is in Communion with Canterbury.

Blue has long been an option for the Eastern Church

Joe