[Magdalen] Seasonal music

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Tue Nov 29 16:44:51 UTC 2016

It is one I loved to listen to, and the year I was glad to be part of a
choir that sang it.

Listening to the wonderful choir of our new parish sing "E'en so…"
Sunday morning, I was sad to see that I was distracted from the piece
and their singing by an emotional memory. I hope much of that was that
it was the first time I heard it live in person (i.e., neither recorded
nor via live broadcast), since the memory happened. I heard Sr. Heather
catch her breath next to me after the silence at the end of the piece.
And realized that I had been caught in the past and missed the present
of their singing of it.

I hope that next time, I can actually hear it again.

I missed our parish's Advent Lessons & Carols, because my Ottawa Valley
roots compelled me to watch the Ottawa Redblacks win the Grey Cup. I
hope to hear it at some point, because we were told that it was recorded
for future broadcast on our local public radio station.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com