[Magdalen] Closing a church?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 02:05:35 UTC 2016

http://www.stpaulboston.org/transformation/stjohnsmerger

Not sure how it all worked out. I think the worshipping together thing was
probably a good idea, so everybody could meet and get used to the
personalities, gifts & deficits. Somebody at the Cathedral might be able to
share some info or give advice.

When one of the local Catholic parishes closed the receiving parish had a
cook-out, invited everybody, with the message "We're so sorry your church
is closing, but we're all Catholics together, so WELCOME!" Both sets of
clergy walked about, introducing people, listening to histories. A long
afternoon for them. With hamburgers & hot dogs.
-M