[Magdalen] Lasted a little longer...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 23:28:42 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/10/2016 3:40:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

That's  interesting, David, because I have two male priest friends who are
on their  third marriages. One of them is now married to another priest, and
the other  one's first marriage was to a  priest...>>>>>>>>>>>>

If there is to be true equality, the rules for all marriages should be  the
same.

When the ban on same sex unions was lifted for the Diocese of Bethlehem
(USA),
there were a bunch of unions made public among the clergy.  Quite a  number
of these relationships unraveled and there were new unions among the  same
clergy. (This was before the SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage,  and
before Pennsylvania permitted such marriage).

+Marshall, Bishop of Bethlehem at the time, and a liberal in this  matter
pointed out the casualness of many of these same sex relationships  and
that there would be a limit for the clergy on numerous  rearrangements.

I think the matter has sorted itself out now.

David S.