[Magdalen] Coffee Cups vs Wine Glasses

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Sep 7 14:34:16 UTC 2016

In a message dated 9/7/2016 9:45:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

My  sometimes overly controlling partner chides me for holding a wine
glass by  the bowl, as one's hand warms the wine.

The only aspect of sobriety that occasionally bothers me is that  enjoying
wine is not possible for me, at least.  When I gave up booze for Lent  32
years ago December, the wine world was much smaller.  It's not  that
there weren't good wines in Australia/NZ, Chile, Africa, etc., but they
were not well known to North Americans (and I think Europeans,  alike).
And there was little attempt everywhere in North America to produce  good
domestic wines either.

There are always the memories of doing the California wine country,
pretty much all the major vintners in Germany and in France.  I'm  glad
I saw them when I could.

David S.