[Magdalen] Throwing a Cr*ppy Dinner Party

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Fri Sep 23 14:50:58 UTC 2016

All my dinner parties (few and far between) are crappy ones -- one more
reason my housemate and I are incompatible.  I love to cook, love to feed
friends -- but hate all the cleaning and fussing to make everything
"perfect,"  which it never is, anyway.  It used to be okay just to drop by
and visit friends (though not so often at mealtime) -- but now all requires
weeks and months ahead of time on busy calendars -- and that kind of
planning just invites the fuss and bother that I hate.  So I seldom do it.
If people would just "drop by," I'd happily put on more chicken, make the
salad a little bigger, and maybe throw on some potatoes or pasta for those
who can eat them.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY