[Magdalen] Throwing a Cr*ppy Dinner Party

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:30:42 UTC 2016

I'm one of those who loves all the preparation. Nothing makes me happier
than picking out the place settings, linens, etc. and prepping to welcome
guests. I usually set the table 1 or 2 days in advance and don't mind at
all staying up late to iron napkins, etc.

I've finally learned to wash, chop, etc. as much as possible the night
before. I also have some favorite dishes that can be started the night
before and finished before serving. Some, such as gumbo (minus the
seafood), pot roasts, etc. are actually better the second day.

As much as I love all that though, it makes Alex crazy. He would much
prefer to get a rotisserie chicken at the store, roast some veggies in the
over and serve a dessert from a good bakery. I've learned to simplify my
menus and he's learned to leave me alone when I'm setting the table! I've
also learned to let go some times and let him do it his way. Everyone has
just as much fun and it is a lot easier!

Have a great weekend!

Peace, Rick
San Antonio