[Magdalen] Easter Vigil.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 8 02:49:41 UTC 2017

We used to do those middle of the night vigils in the ECC. I had played the Easter Vigil for the Romans where I was music director, then I returned to Decatur and we had the Easter Vigil beginning at 1AM wherever we were meeting at the time The Vigil included ordinations but no baptisms and we were finished 5ish. Then we went out to brunch and I had time to get a few eyes of shuteye before arising to play Palm Sunday for the Greek Orthodox. The music director knew my schedule and kept waking me up, but I played all my cues. Then I retired for several hours and took Easter Monday off (as has been my wont since high school.) We've always had Easter Week off until I started an actual job and I have always programmed Bright Monday as a day off. Last year Bright Monday was Annunciation and very lovely. When Pascha and Annunciation coincide it is called Kyriopascha; but there was only the Easter Anthem at the beginning of the Annunciation liturgy. There are more pages in the typicon for the various juxtapositions of Annunciation than anything  else.

Joe