[Magdalen] Taking care of our neighbors in the yard

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Fri Apr 28 18:50:33 UTC 2017

Yes - I still remember hiking a good number of years ago with my father &
other Carolina Mt. Club hikers in the Pisgah Nat'l. Forest (western NC) and
being startled by a rattlesnake doing its thing in the trail. One of the
hikers beat it dead with a stick - I was not happy.

No snakes in the basement (AFAIK), but there are plenty of garter snakes
around the property, and I have seen a red-bellied one once. All small and
harmless.

And - just got back from looking for the first wildflowers of the season.
Lots of spring beauties out already, saw one trout lily out and a few in
bud. Also trilliums in bud and a bloodroot out which I had planted a couple
of years ago. All quite early for here.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com