[Magdalen] Boston "Free Speech Rally"

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 20:33:08 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/19/2017 4:09:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

David,  was that an anniversary march? I thought the March on Washington was
the  one on August 28, 1963, where King  spoke.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I suppose one can call any large gathering in Washington, DC,
a "March on Washington."  This one was during the Bill Clinton
campaign, and designed to stress equal rights for the GLBT's.
I think one of the large Pro-Life gatherings/marches in Washington
was called a  "March on Washington."

The number who turned out in 1993 surprised everyone.  We stayed
out at the end of the Red Line, and therefore had an empty train on
boarding.  As the train progressed into the City, the doors  opened
and the thousands poured in.  It became standing room only,  and except
for some stunned Red Line regulars, it was all GLBT.

It was many hours of waiting on the Mall, which was completely packed
from the Washington to Lincoln Monuments, Integrity finally took its
place on Pennsylvania Avenue flying TEC and rainbow flags.  It  was
led by, of course, Louie Crew and spouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_on_Washington_for_Lesbian,_Gay_and_Bi_Eq
ual_Rights_and_Liberation

David S.