[Magdalen] Moving (was Re: Listgiv)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 17 22:36:47 UTC 2017

On 17/12/2017 22:09, Ann Markle wrote:
> Oh, God, thanks for the reminder, you guys! Tomorrow! With luck, I can
> still get it there by Saturday. Started my new position today (started in
> Tennessee on Advent 3 15 years ago), and we had the pageant at the 10:00
> service. More fun than I expected. Can’t wait to start preaching!

Advent does not seem to me the best time to start in a new parish. Isn't
there someone else associated with this list who started in her new call
a couple of weeks ago? From what I have heard of them I am extremely
grateful that Pageants have not made their way Eastwards across the
Atlantic.

That reminds me that we should perhaps remember someone who is making
her own way East to serve in a different Province of theh Communion
coming the Feast of the Circumcision or Naming of Jesus - our sister
Raewynne who is moving to a totally new post in the Diocese4 of
Southwark. Her new base will not be far from where she and I first met.
(Note to Raewynne - check out Borough Market.) The Focus of Unity of the
Communion has his official base in the same geographical area, a bit
upstream but on the same side of the Thames. She is currently halfway
through her transition period having left her last post on Advent Sunday.

Roger