[Magdalen] Prayer request - sisterr-in-law

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 20 22:15:37 UTC 2017

Today I did my "Santa Run" to my brother and sister-in-law. Ian and
Margaret are "twins" in that they were born on the same day in the same
year - unusual for a married couple. A month or two back Margaret was
diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease, aka ALS, because she was having
difficulty swallowing. This was the first time I had seen them since
then and so far she seems to be coping reasonably well sp long as she
concentrates on her swallowing. Her speech is noticeably slower than
normal and she says that there are some words she cannot say. I didn't
ask but I guess she has also given up singing.

They are keerping cheerful but will be aware of the prognosis even if
the timescale is uncertain.

Roger