[Magdalen] Greetings

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 00:51:12 UTC 2017

Here in sunny Queensland, we had a good congregation for the one morning
service of Advent IV, then increased numbers for each of our three
Christmas services - Vigil Mass at 7.15pm, High Mass at 11.30pm, and Sung
Mass at 8.30am on Christmas morning. Many young visitors at all services.
The storms on Christmas Eve evening were so isolated that we didn’t receive
any in the city itself. However, the whole of SouthEast Qld was drenched by
>2inches  on Monday night. I’ve spent time this morning (Tuesday) cleaning
up our. pool as a lot of leaf and flower litter was blown into it during
the evening.
As well as the services themselves, we had a community carol-sing before
the High Mass. Our Rector took pains to make sure there were no repetitions
of any carols or hymns through all the services. I just discovered a
half-hour ago that the one favourite of mine that he had left out, was the
one featured as the intro to the Queen’s Christmas Message - It Came Upon
The Midnight Clear!
I hope we all have had an  enjoyable Christmas Day.
Best wishes to all
Lesley de Voil

--
Sent from MetroMail