[Magdalen] Greetings

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 21:40:29 UTC 2017

Mike and I attended the same evening service,

He neglected to mention the choir, led by one of our talented
parishioners (our new organist was unavailable as he had surgery the
week before) providing music selected by him and several choir
members. We had a grand time! As one of the choir, I am most happy to
report that a young woman came up and told us she was planning to join
us! Yay!

Our county's only growing demographic is "young retired professionals"
so our "midnight" service (11pm to whenever), once very popular, is
now declining. Our 5pm service is becoming more popular. It features
more folky-contemporary music, supplemented by young musicians.

We have lost stalwart parishioners recently, with more potentially
leaving for more "elderly friendly" climates closer to family. We,
too, continue to work through changing times.

Cady
Trinity Church, Washington, VA
Rappahannock County