[Magdalen] Greetings

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 23:24:19 UTC 2017

This is happening to us, too.

The early service is crowded, the later service is not.
Loads of childen. Always glad to see them.

Some of my dearest childhood memories are of Christmas eve service (all the
windows lit by real candles and a fireman standing guard in the back).

Some of my bitterest adult memories are of midnight mass. The smell of the
drunks in black tie, the raucous raspy singing. Not doing that any more.

A friend went to the National Cathedral and said it was packed, BTW.
-M