[Magdalen] Diet whine

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:03:41 UTC 2017

The gluten-free bread business is not really because of gluten, or so my
understanding goes, but because of wheat. Also on the verboten list are
barley and rye, and spelt *unless* sourdough. Oats and, TBTG, rice are
okay. Cauliflower, broccoli, and (sigh) sugar snap and snow peas are
no-nos, as are all stone fruits, watermelon, apples, and blackberries. But
I can have sweet potatoes and regular ones, and grapes, and most other
melons. And tomatoes, and all the greens I want. It's just weird. And I
miss my garlic!