[Magdalen] Diet whine

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:55:52 UTC 2017

I'm still in the early stages of the diet, so I'm supposed to be fairly
strict with it. In another 4.5 weeks or so I can begin to experiment a
little. I promise you that garlic is going to be one of the first things I
try! Wheat can wait....maybe. As for the veggies, they are and are not a
problem. I can at least have green beans and squashes of all kinds, sweet
and white potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes, and all varieties of greens. So
dining out is more of a problem than cooking.

So far, both Schar's and Udi's breads have gone to be very expensive
bird-and-squirrel food. Bleah! I did find some "light rice and flax loaf"
under the name of Ener-G at Kroger yesterday that was sort of tolerable. So
far, she said. At least I was able to choke down a peanut butter and
blueberry preserve sandwich made with it, and it sort of tasted like bread
rather than sawdust. I have some gluten-free flour to use for thickening
gravies and such. I can eat most nuts and seeds (yay!) and S/O found me a
recipe for sweet potato hummus which I will try (minus the garlic) so lifo
goes on..... Oh, and I can have citrus fruits and most berries, except for
some reason blackberries. A good summary can be found at katescarlata.com .