[Magdalen] The Media.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 04:57:43 UTC 2017

I read some news that documented the fact that DT had members
of his staff on hand to clap at appropriate places in his news  conference
this week.

This kind of group in the grand opera world is called a "clack," and  it
is quite common for ageing singers with a group of devotees that are
loyal even when the opera stars are well past prime.

I remember seeing a performance of "Madame Butterfly" at the
Met in NYC with Renata Scotto as the lead singer.  She was very  much
beyond prime, and it was almost pitiful to see/hear her clack go wild
for what were often out-of-tune arias with uncontroled vibrato.

David S.