[Magdalen] Where is the Episcopal Church?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:06:11 UTC 2017

I suspect a lot of us have been active in other fora (such as Twitter
and FB) and perhaps in-person protests at airports. Twitter and FB
seem all-consuming when the situation is changing minute by minute. I
confess I was downtown on Saturday and could have simply taken a Blue
Line train to O'Hare airport (ORD) and joined the thousands
protesting, but I went home instead. That's two protests avoided. I
really need to get more comfortable with being in crowds.

Someone from Germany in a German-language online news discussion asked
what happened to the USA's system of checks and balances that is meant
to prevent a tyrannical rule by the president. I had no answer and
could say only that I had the same question. It seems the time has
come for legislators to take whatever actions they can. At least the
courts have already been used with some limited success and more
lawsuits are being brought.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA