[Magdalen] Repeal without reform?Congress decides to repeeal the ACA

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 17:49:13 UTC 2017

Actually, they can write whatever bill they wish.  They could write a bill
that says effective immediately, etc. I think we can all bet the rent that
this will not happen.  Everybody involved needs time to figure out how to
work the changes, so in general, most bills provide for this period of time
before the bill takes effect.  It can be as complex as they wish.  The
insurance folks will doubtless have lobbyists to explain how best to enable
the insurance predators to make  maximum profits, and that will most likely
play a huge part in how the final bill is crafted.  Healthcare, of course,
is a trivial part of this bill, whose actual purpose is to give a tax cut
to the filthy rich.

If the gop does not desire class warfare, they have a funny way of showing
it.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford