[Magdalen] Richard III

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 20:54:01 UTC 2017

In a message dated 7/13/2017 3:13:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Stentorian Canadian English, mainly (with the notable exception  of the UK's
wonderful Barbara Bryne as Nurse  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I didn't know she was British.  She was a perennial actress for
Guthrie productions (Minneapolis), and much beloved by Guthrie
patrons, including yours truly.

>From Guthrie 50th Anniversary program:

"Barbara Bryne is  an award-winning actress who has appeared in more than
60  Guthrie productions since 1970, most recently Embers, Hay Fever, H.M.S.
Pinafore,  Macbeth, When  We Are Married, Jane  Eyre, His  Girl Friday,
Oedipus, Pygmalion, The Pirates of Penzance, Pride and Prejudice,  The Chairs,
Three Sisters and A  Christmas Carol (5 productions  since 1975). On Broadway,
Bryne appeared in the  original casts of Into the Woods and Sunday in the
Park with George and Hay  Fever. She has performed more than 30 roles since
1966 at the Stratford  Festival, and has had roles Off-Broadway, and at
numerous regional theaters  across the country, among them Hartford Stage, Long
Wharf Theatre and the Mark  Taper Forum. Bryne’s film and television credits
include Amadeus, The Bostonians, “Love, Sidney,”  “Svengali,” and “Maid in
America.”"

David  S.