[Magdalen] Jury Duty Anyone?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:55:04 UTC 2017

I think that happens all the time, though. It would be unrealistic to
imagine that jurors don't bring their lives and experience and bias and
faith into the courtroom. We all carry all that stuff all the time. And
that's why jurors have to fill out long packets of multiple choice
questions. "Do you currently or have you ever had a relative or friend who
serves or served in the police force?"

Was recently called to jury duty for a case where a man was petitioning to
be re-classified as not sexually dangerous. One of the questions on the
jury form was "Have you or a close friend or family member ever been the
victim of a sexual assault?"

The attorneys challenge potential jurors over the answers to these
questions.

I've been poking around in the news and haven't found the juror list. The
latest I found was that the judge had been asked for the information but
had not responded.

Are your judges elected or appointed?
-M