[Magdalen] Lent Madness?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 04:20:12 UTC 2017

In a message dated 3/2/2017 7:52:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

> I  went for Alban, for two profound reasons:  I once went to a  church
>> called
>> > St. Albans, and because of that I  visited St. Alban's Cathedral near
>> London
>> > many  years
ago.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have my treasured memories.  They have the largest
brass funerary monument in the world at Saint Alban's
Cathedral.  It is only rubbed and then professionally
once per year, and the copies are available for purchase.
I ordered one for the Cathedral in Eau Claire, and went
to the SA Dean's house on Boxing Day in 1983 to pick it up.
The Dean invited us (I was with my ex-wife) for tea, and
said of the Bentley we just saw leaving the Manse, "Too
bad you weren't here a bit earlier.  That was Charles and
Di."

I hand carried the rubbing through customs, rolled up in a long tybe.

The rubbing itself was framed in Minneapolis because it
was so large.  I drove a van into that city to pick it up
and transport it to the EC Cathedral where I was met by a
small team who were able to get it in place high on the
landing of the main, grand staircase.  It is very imposing.

David S.