[Magdalen] Operation London Bridge

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 20:18:54 UTC 2017

In a message dated 3/18/2017 1:42:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

(I included a modern printing of the REC BCP just for the  helluvit.)

The Reformed Episcopal Church here in the valley, closed
its doors several years ago.  It was fun to visit with its
black cassocked ministers (never priests) and its candle-
less and cross-less sanctuary and simple communion table
(not altar) where the communion liturgy was celebrated at
the "north end."  I think the church was being bank-rolled by
one prominent family, and when they died out/moved away,
the place imploded.

On a national scale, though, the REC has linked arms with
such as the USA Prayer Book Society (the people who don't
accept the '79 Prayer Book) and with the Forward in Faith
North America groups.

It would seem that such things as conservative viewpoints
about type of English and the several social-sexual issues
are more important than real theology.  Where else but
among Anglicans would you find lunatic fringe catholics
and real Reformed Protestants in the same boat?

David S.