[Magdalen] Operation London Bridge

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 16:24:59 UTC 2017

In a message dated 3/19/2017 9:50:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

authorized liturgy in common languages instead of  Latin. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The original changeover from Greek to Latin was for the same
reason:  Latin WAS the common language.  Greek wasn't.

This was an important, if not THE most important point arguing
in favor of liturgies in the vernacular.  Much as I love the
Anglican Liturgies, I don't think the long experience of Anglicans
with vernacular language meant "a fig" to the Roman revisers.

David S.