[Magdalen] Calendar question

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 9 19:06:52 UTC 2017

I first encountered the moving of Ascension to the following Sunday in 1995 while shopping for a Roman parish with my then-wife.  I caught the priest afterward at the parish we were trying the Sunday before, and he mentioned the movement was so as to actually include parishioners in the celebration.  I felt like saying, "Yeah, you'll have a full house, but just how many of them will even get what's going on or what it's all about?"

Both before that, and later when I gave up the fruitless Roman search, my only consciously remembered experience was St John's Monterey, where (at least then) the feast day was the feast day, period.