[Magdalen] Better late than never: Happy Thought request.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 9 21:20:56 UTC 2017

Beginning tomorrow, our Agency is moving to a location not too far away, but far enough to require all the stress and strain inherent in such a thing.  We leave our comfortable, ramshackle former university extension building where everyone has at least some semblance of an "office" (AND windows), in exchange for what I call the Monterey County Government Center Jr (meaning, the main Gov't Center is still what it is and always will be, at least in my remaining lifetime), where we become actors in a real-life "Office Space" and where so many questions won't be answered until we're ultimately fully there (effectively, Monday).

Such moves are of course great Accumulated Junk Enemas, but there's still the bringing with of the stuff that matters.  I've worked with my current modular furniture in three different offices since 2001, with each time me being convinced that "it'll never come back together again", but it has each time.  Now, it's probably doomed for good.  For some time now, it's been just me and my boss in a large office with modified cubicles so close we can talk to each other without getting up or using the phone.  We'll be in close proximity again, but the solid walls that surround us won't be there, but rather many other co-workers in the same cubicle mill.  Granted, the "hallways" are huge (something like 15 feet across), but still.  We'll have to be much more circumspect in regards to the noises we elicit.

Luckily, my legs and feet are much better, but boy have my allergies, normally dormant to a large extent, come alive again with gusto.

Ah well.  At least this will be my final work environment, I think.  And we have as a neighbor my absolute favorite of all County departments...:  Elections!  Talk about just walking across the hall and handing in my mail-in ballot!  Wa-hoo.