[Magdalen] Uber or Lyft drivers?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:21:57 UTC 2017

I grew up in DioMilwaukee and still loved it the last time I was there. My
home parish in Madison was still in recovery mode from a horrid rift
(caused mainly by a dysfunctional priest) but seemed to be recovering
satisfactorily. I don't like the weather but you, having lived in NH for so
many years, would probably love it.  As I said to Mary Sicilia the other
day, Wisconsin is one-third Lutheran, one-third Catholic, and one-third the
rest of us, and the Episcopal Church is what happens when Lutherans marry
Catholics (that happens pretty often). Seriously, though, it's a great
place if you don't mind winter.

As for Uber/Lyft, I have no experience whatever. S/O has dealt with a few
on rides from airports where there is no hotel shuttle and has been
generally pleased. I would think for a female it would be safer as a day
job, although if you chose to work at night, if there were a way you could
specify female passengers only it might be a good thing for both you and
the passengers. There is a definite clientele that would prefer a female
driver.