[Magdalen] Loome Books moving back downtown

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 31 04:38:14 UTC 2017

I've told my Loome story before, but (a) my stories are generally forgetable, and (b) Scott brought the topic up.

Once upon a time in 2003, I and my then mentor archbishop (ORC) did a week-long whirlwind tour of Minnesota, his homeland.  (Being Mexican, Minnesota being his homeland -- "I was raised by Germans!" -- is all the more interesting.)  We were visiting his brother in Stillwater, and one day we were tooling around, and saw a beautiful church building.  Curious what it was, we stopped, and amazingly parked right in front.  We got out, started up the stairs, ... I saw the sign, ... and amongst shouted profanities of sheer joy, I announced to him "It's LOOME!  Jesus Christ, it's Loome!!!"  He didn't know what the hell I was talking about.  But hours later, coming out with armloads each of treasures, he had a better idea.