[Magdalen] DACA

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 02:55:36 UTC 2017

In a message dated 9/5/2017 2:48:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Trouble  is, the damage he can
do--and is doing--has huge consequences  now>>>>>>

Rachael (Maddow/USA MSNBC) was marvelous tonight.  She outlined  the
history of the Immigration and Naturalization laws to a point earlier than
had known.

There was the N&I Law of 1924 which put immigration in favor of  white
Europeans as the law had been from 1890.  For example this law  excluded
ALL immigration from Asia!  Cal Coolidge signed that one.

This was the law that was replaced in 1964-65 that instead opened the
USA gates to peoples of all stripes and shades.  I was aware that  this
had happened, and it's probable browning of the USA.  I didn't like  the
new law at the time.

I grew up with the assumption that the USA was an extension of  European
Civilization in the New World.

My ideas about what the USA is and should be have changed radically
in the past half a century.  Unfortunately, there are some USA  citizens
who would like to return to 1890-1924

And that's where the trouble starts.

David S.