[Magdalen] Assorted Grandmotherly Prayers, and a little mild boasting

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 03:16:05 UTC 2018

There’s a lot going on here, so bear with me please. With all the steps and
the new arrival, I am now the grandmama of 10 young humans. So let me begin
with the prayer requests.

Grandson #2, Zaccheus, has enlisted in the Navy, following in the footsteps
of his Uncle Rashad who has 15 years in grade and is now a CPPO. Zaccheus
is in boot camp at Great Lakes and hopes to get into communications.
Prayers for strength and safety for him are appreciated.

 Grandson #3, Alley, took some serious exception to being yelled at by his
dad (twice) to clean his room and decided that since he was 18 he didn’t
have to listen any more. He packed up and moved back in with his mother,
who doesn’t make him do anything, which is what go him into trouble with
the law from which his dad rescued him. We haven’t heard from him since. He
was supposed to graduate next month; nobody knows if that will happen or
not.

Grandson #6, Jonathan-called-Boogie, fractured the growth plate in his left
wrist in a freak weightlifting accident this past week. He is in a cast for
the next 3 weeks and is in some pain but is mostly aggravated because not
only did this  put an end to his very successful field events (shot put and
discus) season, but...

Granddaughter #2, Julianna, is also throwing shot and discus at the middle
school (8th grade) level and is equally successful  Prayers for Boogie ‘s
pain and aggravation and for Julianna’s continued success and that she
remains free from injury.

TBTG, grandsons #1, 4, 5, and 7, and granddaughter #1 are healthy and doing
well.

And now, the prayers of thanksgiving for the safe arrival of granddaughter
#3...not by blood, but an honorary one this time, because ahe had no living
grandmother to welcome her and her mother is one of my other-daughters.
Miss Pearson Yvonne Hamilton, daighter of Deitra Myers-Hamilton and Jamie
Hamilton, entered this world on Monday, March 5, in Fort Lauderdale,
Florida. Betsy flew down to be the doula.