[Magdalen] 60 Years Ago Today

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 16 18:08:06 UTC 2018

Anyone interested should take a look at this CD:

https://tinyurl.com/y869e5dc

It's the actual 1958 Moscow performance, with all the warts a truly "live" recording can give (including Cliburn's own fluffs), but I really think I'm finally gonna order it.

Note that the "Amazon" item is out of stock, but there's plenty of good Marketplace choices under the "used" and "new" options (some sellers of which have my utmost trust, having bought from them so many times over the years).

This thread also reminds me of the Gould Bach Goldberg Variations via its first issue under Columbia Masterworks, mono, 1955.  Some here might remember I digitised it years ago and gave copies to those that wanted one.  Still stands as the most I've ever paid for a single LP.  But that particular one in near mint condition is virtually unheard of.  I gotta find where I hid that CD and .wav it over to my hard drive (original digital file long lost).

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.