[Magdalen] St. Martins and nearby in Houston / was -Re: Funeral Service at Saint Martin's, Houston.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 00:43:24 UTC 2018

The oft mentioned model is Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Church in
Marburg, Germany, just a few miles north of my US Army duty
station in Frankfurt/M.   That church is one of the few in
Germany to preserve, sadly without statues, the medieval
rood screen.  The small town of Marburg is chock full of
half-timbered 500 - 600 year old buildings, and is fun to
explore.

The stained glass was the largest single order from one of
the few remaining ateliers for traditional glass, (Willet/Hauser).
I think the largest one time stained glass installation overall is
probably the glass of Duke University Chapel, Durham, NC USA
That installation was via a different, now defunct maker.