[Magdalen] Fwd: A Letter from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry to the Diocese of Virginia

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 9 13:46:18 UTC 2018

On 09/08/2018 14:11, cady soukup wrote:
> DioVA - provisional bishop search - questions for new bishop candidates?
>
> What questions would you like to ask the provisional bishop candidates?
>
> Just received an email asking exactly that, responses due by Aug 13
> (Monday!). I am just back from vacation - NOT up-to-speed - so asking
> for assistance.

My, they are moving quickly but I suppose they need to if they need to
elect somebody in November. Given what has been said about the
announcement of the current bishop's departure and what was said when
the search for a suffragan was called off there is clearly a lot of hurt
around in the diocese. What is needed is somebody who has demonstrated
the ability to move a conflicted situation towards stability and growth.
That means a deeply rooted faith to sustain them through times of trial
and tribulation and the ability to recognize different points of view,
someone who will listen empathically first and then, after prayerful
reflection, offer a positive and hopeful lead.

Arising from that - what was the most difficult situation you have faced
in your ministry? How did you deal with it? What was the outcome?

Roger