[Magdalen] Ice and Snow along GA & SC

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:34:20 UTC 2018

I remember a midnight mass. It was snowing lightly when we went in (in
those days most people walked to church). During the service we had a
serious snow squall with lightning. Walked home holding my mother’s hand.
The snow was above my knees. Of course, my five-year-old knees were pretty
low to the ground. I still remember the way the snow sparkled under the
street lights. And the quiet.

Right now, per the weather radar, it’s snowing from Norfolk, Virginia to
Digby, N.S. A thousand miles of snow. Boston is shut down, the car is
garaged underground, the wires are underground also. The homeless shelters
have added cots, the hospitals are fully-staffed. We’re ready.
-M