[Magdalen] Our "sh*thole" president.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:16:07 UTC 2018

Margaret is Denmark.

One of my sweetest memories of Denmark:
after the war there were a number of women who were somehow related to the
royal family but were single or widowed. Their family properties had been
destroyed or nationalized. The Danes reserved one palace, remade it into
apartments, and there they all lived. The grounds were turned into
spectacular gardens, which is where I found myself one glorious summer day,
visiting their rose gardens on a day when they were open to the public.
O memories.
-M